Archive for the 'eBook Writer' Category
Wednesday 15 January 2014 @ 11:27 am
Most of the people who witness the rise if eBooks as a rival of paper books are familiar that eBook writing become a proper career option. There are few things you need (beside paper book writing skills) to be an electronic books writer. In case you haven’t decided yet to start writing your own eBooks then you must think about it soon.
Before reading this article further you must know that I’m writing this article assuming that all readers have paper writing skills and experience. In simple words, this article helps you to shift your career as writer to eBook writer.
There are few things you must know about eBooks before you say goodbye to paper book writing. Like every other thing, eBooks have some cons and pros.
- EBooks market has huge potential. If you have writing skills, there is no reason you fail this as a career.
- EBooks publish internationally, once you publish your eBook, it will be in access of millions of people in no time.
- EBooks published globally, so you have to write for all regions and for all cultures. For some people this is an advantage and for some disadvantage. For example, due to any reason (there are thousands) if people from a specific culture or region don’t like your eBook and they give you less stars (bad feedback) then it will affect you sale worldwide. Don’t worry; this scenario can go other way around.
- Forget the rules you were following in paper book writing, eBooks writing is a new game, so there are new rules.
- Writing eBooks is a learning process, even after years of experience you still will learn.
- Writing eBooks need your full focus, it is not a part time job. You want to do it; you have to do it wisely.
A Little Advice for you to become a Good EBook Writer
It is recommended to start blogging first and after some time start eBooks. It will enhance your skills in marketing. EBooks are very different from usual books. You must have to put specific words (technically called keywords) strategically in some specific positions in the document.
Friday 6 December 2013 @ 12:38 pm
After seeing the rise in sales of eBooks many people who are already writer or blogger or none or both decide to be an electronic book writer. But most of those failed to get glory what they were expecting. There are many reasons behind this failure. And good news is most of those are easy to overcome. Many people are still dreaming to be writer of eBooks but the real questions is why just dreaming; they have to come one step further and write.
As being said earlier, there are some reasons of this failure.
- People think that eBooks are same as paper books. In case of contents, YES, you can write same things or ideas on paper as well as in an eBook. But in case of format, NO,
- There is a huge gap between being a traditional writer to eBook writer. Someone cannot do this except he/she is willing to do this.
- While writing a paper book, a writer must only think about the purity of contents, original ideas and grabbing people attention. But a writer of ebook has to deal with variety of things to create a successful product.
- It is a general opinion of experienced writers that the most difficult part is to choose an impressive title. Many publishing market encourage writers to give importance to their titles. Because this is the second thing (we will talk about first thing later) a potential user notices before buying or downloading the book.
- Cover of the book is more important thing in the sale of a book or eBook. And this rule applies to other products too. Haven’t you noticed that a product with good packing, impressive colors and texture sells more than a product which lacks this quality?
Practice Makes a Man Perfect
This is a universal truth that practice makes a man (and woman too) perfect. So, if you have encountered a failure, don’t be disappoint and keep writing and publishing your books, but most important part is to never repeat the same mistakes again and again. Otherwise, eBook writing is a good career if you have writing skills.
Saturday 26 October 2013 @ 11:45 am
In past few years number of eBook reader rises to a new level. According to a study there are more than 18 million kindle devices in market. And this is we talking about only one device. So, if you are thinking about writing your own eBook then you are not alone.
Many people decide to be an eBook writer due to huge society and number of readers and most importantly easiness of procedure. But eBook writing is easy to learn but very difficult to master.
Learning More to an EBook Writer
Don’t worry, if you don’t know anything about eBooks and you still want to be an eBook writer, and then you can still have a chance to do that since you can learn it by yourself. Either you are already a paper book writer, so you know how to write or you are a blogger and now want to be writer. In each case there are some essential things you must know.
- EBooks are different from paper books, so be sure you are following eBooks specific protocols to write it in great manner.
- You have to follow market trend, if you are writing eBooks for financial purpose (99% chance you are) then write about things which people are searching in these days or buying products.
- You will be a writer of your eBook as well as publisher and advertiser (except in case you hire someone to do this for you).
- Writing an eBook might not be as easy task as it seems in the beginning. So, talk with some people who are experienced writers.
- EBooks must be written in well formatted style, otherwise either it will not appear properly on different device or later you have to make changes, those will be time consuming. For example, once I wrote an eBook but forget to use proper headings, I used custom one, in the end I have to change those all to put TOC in my document.
- If you are new to writing (eBook and book both) then it is highly recommended to start with blogging and after gaining some experience you can start eBooks (don’t worry, this trend is not going anywhere in some days).